Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Seems that we've grown older and time has beat us

The players:
Debbie (some blond woman, friend, aspiring musician, manager of one of the clubs)
Debbie's husband (my good friend)
Debbie's father (overlord of several strip clubs in TO and other cities)
Me (a close friend of the others, aspiring musician)

The plot:
I play a gig at some venue, and had an okay crowd as far as a local aspiring artist goes. Deb sets up a gig and only 2-5 people attend (I feel horrible). After some encouragement from me and her husband, she decides to give it her all and performs. A couple of days later, Deb's father decides that he doesn't need managers at each of the individual clubs in Toronto, and he could just have one general manager for all of them.

The conflict:
The father decides that the GM is going to be me (I feel horrible). I spend the rest of the night tossing and turning about what would be the right thing to do, as the announcement would be sure to crush Deb and I really didn't want her to have to accept losing her job/demotion on top of the poor showing at her recent gig. Deb's hubby protests with the father but it is futile. For some reason he thinks it is a good idea and he likes me for the job.

Yes, this disturbed my sleep enough to make me really tired today. Why can't I have normal, zombie nightmares like regular people?

No comments: