Friday, August 05, 2005

I was hanging on a tree, unaccustomed to such violence

If there is one truth to my life, it's that bad things happen to my computer. I feel terrible about it... when Mark was installing the new ultra-l33t fan for my video card, he accidentally scratched it and he is replacing it. Knowing the financial strife he is going through, it is not a good feeling. I tried to convince him to wait until he has a job but he says he feels bad. And round and round we go.

I think what I need to get me back into focus at work is to do a huge project. I'm going to do a large project, that's final. I still need to do some practice questions on the Google Code Jam.

So, I'm going to stick with the family structure that's in my head in regards to the gang. I think we're headed through rough times, and some members of the family don't like/don't talk to each other or whatever, but we're still a family, right? I have to believe that? I don't really know... it's really upsetting me (I can feel it in my stomach). I suck as a mediator.

Something Mark told me got me thinking though... is Linda's recent bonding with me some attempt to make him jealous? I hope not, but I don't know... I am a tool, as she likes to proclaim. That leads me to wonder why I think it would be okay anyway, just because she is important to me... even though... it hurts to even think about it. Eyeore never had it so good.

Regarding Richard's situation... I think he is at a point now where he can either take complete control of his life and his past or let the disorder crush him and derail his life. Having grown up with him I realize it'd be all too easy for him to succumb and go back to the way his life was before Jen (thankfully) walked into his life. She totally has the right idea and the right motive. But I think Richard needs to do this part on his own. Just deciding which direction to go, and realizing that he can definitely control enough parts to make things go that way (even if he doesn't know how). Tony Robbins stuff, I guess. Faith. Fear and Trembling.

No comments: