Wednesday, September 15, 2004

We all want something beautiful

I wish I was beautiful.

Last night was so ineffable in many ways. What would've been a regular get together and watch Canada kick ass at hockey night turned out to be a search for Linda's runaway indoor cat. I don't mind and I'm glad I got to help out of course, but it's so bizarre. The cat is spoiled in that household.
I feel so sorry for Linda. I'd be so upset if Bebe had run away. I can't imagine what it'll be like when he dies...
Searching for a cat by constantly calling its name is totally ineffective. But what else could we do? We stuffed some 'Missing' flyers in some neighbours' mailboxes... hopefully things will turn out for the best. It upsets me so much whenever Linda is so upset. But I don't think she'd be that upset if I went missing. Heck, she wouldn't even notice.

It all comes back to me in the end. There are times when Linda purposefully distances us, and it hurts. I had bought a case of Vanilla Coke for her, and she is the only person who drinks it. Last night she said that she planned on replacing every can she has consumed. I guess I'm not even familiar enough to give her casual things. Also, she told me I can go to her house and watch the game instead of helping her search for Leo. My name is Don; I'm a total ass.

As I was walking back from delivering my stack of missing posters, I saw Mark's arm around Linda's shoulders comforting her in front of their house. I wasn't sure if I should continue going towards them. Something told me it was a bad idea but I did it anyway. I'm not any good at comforting, so I probably just screwed things up.

During a pizza dinner which Jason (Linda's roomate) was good enough to pay for, I found out that not only is Linda made-for-TBS-movie junkie, but she watches the Swan. How... ineffable. And Mark watches the Swan too. I felt like they both just announced that they were homosexual or something. And they made fun of me for liking Resident Evil.

No comments: