Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I don't know why I instigate, or say what I don't mean

Last night Linda, Mark and I got together to watch Canada kick the crap out of the US. It was a satifying victory. Then Linda proceeded to kick the crap out of us in Tekken. It was a horrid defeat... Linda has all my getting-up psychology worked out in that game.

Reg didn't come in yesterday, and my VP expressed worry that he may be thinking about leaving the company. I hope he doesn't, but he has to do what's best for him.

Mark and I realized the awesome extent to which Batman applies to real life during the hockey game. We admired the way people rushed to the defense of our goalie who was being mistreated by the brutish Americans. We both agreed that vigilante justice should be allowed on the ice, as long as no guns were involved. A Batman philosophy.

Just before I got out of the car, I said to Linda that I hope she enjoyed herself and that it wasn't too painful for her to get together. I hope she didn't take that the wrong way - I'm genuinely concerned.

No comments: