Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The Greater Craftsman

I don't know if I'm doing this blogging thing all wrong. Maybe it'd be more effective - more appropriate - if I do it for the same day rather than the previous day. Things are always different the next day. Perhaps this explains desire... desire is what results because we can't get today and tomorrow's perspectives to converge.

Desire in this sense is somewhat like discontent.

Mark has this really annoying habit of not ever answering questions you ask him after he's busy. I don't mind him not answering immediately, but he doesn't even get back to you on it. Or say he doesn't want to say, if that's what he's thinking. I asked him about what we're doing today about the World Cup game, and if he has Swedish. I asked him twice. Maybe it's me.

Our regular roleplaying group might be getting together again. I'm quite excited even though I won't be surprised if there's some other stoppage. Richard still thinks we were upset because he missed a few sessions. I guess listening/reading is not his strong suit. I'm going to print out those 4 page psionic character sheets instead of the messed up retarded sized ones that I have. It's embarrassing, like when you went to school and your pencil case was less cool than everyone else's.

Everything is so binary now... I find it awkward but appropriate at the same time to have to alter my everyday speaking patterns, just like I did in the last paragraph. If I'm talking to someone on an Instant Messenger (IM), am I supposed to represent the other person as listening or reading? Or maybe receiving messages? data? The digital age is consuming and our vocabulary is catching up, but probably not fast enough. I think it's funny when people see the computer or use technical terms to metaphorically represent their lives because so many real life terms and objects are metaphorically adapted for computers. Life imitating computers imitating life.

No comments: