Sunday, May 07, 2006

I think we're alone here, you and I

Here I am again; in my space. Why do I not document my life as diligently as I used to? I know it wasn't that frequent before, but now I almost avoid it. What brings me here now?

Sometimes I think of something to write here... something clever or witty I wished to record. But then, when I get a chance to do it, when I literally think, "I should blog about that right now", some insidious advisor convinces me otherwise.

There is a growing worry inside of me that i'm becoming a bit of an ass. I always mean to do or say things jokingly, but I should seize the opportunities to do nice things. One of the most effective ways to tell who you are is to look back upon the decisions you've made or the actions you took, pretend someone else did those things, and then ask what kind of person you think this phantom reflection is. Most people start the other way, from the inside, but it leaves room for self-deception. I mean, this process allows for self-deception as well, as any process that only involves the self will permit, but it provides an accurate compass.

No comments: