Friday, October 07, 2005

I fell out of bed laced with spit and sweat

It has been a marvellous week. I've wanted to post here since Tuesday, but I just somehow never got around to it. It's not like my days and nights were jammed pack. It was just one of those things that time hides from you.

Monday night was quite the adventure. After having dinner at Jack Astor's, we drove to Peterborough to have cake chez Mark's mom (did I mention she is a nice lady?), and a bottle of wine later we were at E-LAN. I got destroyed at UT2004 as usual, and even finished last a few rounds despite Chris not having played the game before. Yeah.... yeah. Anyway, it was fun times and I can't believe the madness of the plan, on a work night. I had some foresight despite not knowing the plan and took Tuesday off.

My presents from the gang were pretty spectacular. They got me a bunch of random stuff from the dollar store: Tic Tacs (my breath smells?), a coiling snake, classic bazooka gum, a pumpkin doll, a bingo marker, a 2005 Orlando Bloom calendar, a flower doll... I may be missing something, but if I am, it's only because it's so completely random and I don't have them in front of me. In addition (as if that wasn't enough), Richard made me a CD entitled "D-Day", which has a lot of my current favourite songs on it. We listened to it on the drive to Peterborough and it was rockin'! What really amazes me is that he managed to remember me mentioning all these songs... often I would just ask him what the song/band was that sings the song with such and such lyrics. The joys of a Shuffle. It was touching. He also gave me UT2004, which I still suck at a few days later. Mark got me a Naruto poster of Haku and Zabusa, and a deck of Naruto cards. I don't have much of a chance to play with cards but they are fun to look at. Haku is the bestest and I'm still deciding where to put the poster... I think my office will be the best place. Linda had not ordered the tshirt she was going to get me, but she made this little paper proxy of me, complete with the chin scar and heart-mom tattoo, with a paper shirt. She was going to get me the "Jesus is f***ing metal" shirt, which I must admit is pretty awesome, but she was afraid that Nads would be offended by me wearing it (which is likely), so she's getting me the "Rogues do it from behind" one instead, which is also the awesome. Also, Linda always seems to get me a nice card for every occassion.

That just gave me an idea: Smack-talking cards. "Sorry I pwned you in UT2004. I hope you get well soon."

Chris got me NHL 2k6 for the PS2! I drafted my fantasy Leafs franchise (led by Iggy). The game has quite a few interesting improvements that make it more fun and realistic than previous years. I recommend it to all hockey fans. Nads, as usual, got me something even though I specifically told her not to get me anything, since I've combined several of my upcoming and previous presents into the LCD monitor that I got. She got me the Tori Amos diary/biography/collaboration thing with some journalist. I haven't paid attention to Tori (I'm a bad fan!) in much too long, even though I still think her songs are awesome and she has very intelligent lyrics. All in all it was good times.

Tuesday I stayed home and chillax'd (sp?) and played around with my presents. Wednesday I celebrated with the NHL... poor Leafs. It looks like I will be heartbroken this year. Thursday my mom took me out to dinner at China Buffet King. Of course, my mom's friend Amy was there to serve us. She's a nice lady as well... very chinese. She gave us these vouchers that took $13 off the meal. She got me a job at the China Buffet King up north when I was a teen as a bus boy, and I always wonder how much she had to look out for me. I didn't do a very good job... I wasn't a very good bus boy at all. I wonder about the other staff too... if they were all looking out for me because I was a kid of a friend of a co-worker, or whatever. I wonder about the kindness that got me here.

1 comment:

Scarab said...

That book better not be on the shelf for the next year. :P