Wednesday, October 27, 2004

We've all been in one situation or another we regret

If you don't know which song that line is from, I suggest you find out.
What a perfect, perfect song. The lyrics, the atmosphere, the tune.. it's all there. I'm so glad they're Canadian.

I've been taking this Dale Carnegie course for 2 weeks now (translation: two classes) and I think I'm actually going to enjoy standing up and talking in front of people. I wasn't nearly as terrified as I thought. Next week we have to talk about a significant moment in our lives... I think I'm going to use the moment that I found out what love is. The problem is that the story isn't very exciting. I had an epiphany on a bus ride one day. I don't remember where I was going, or where I came from, just that it suddenly dawned on me. And my mother was the source of it... she taught me what love is. So I guess she's done her job. And at a young age of 17, I tried to discover someone else who would realize the same... but my girlfriend back then, Catherine, was too immature to understand, and we broke up, but of course, that's when fate lead me to Nads. Man, that story isn't going to take close to 2 minutes. Maybe I should talk about the moment I learned about Jacques Lacan's theory of psychoanalysis instead.

No comments: